Whitewater Rafting in California
This site is intended as a resource for whitewater recreation in California. The information is designed to benefit rafting enthusiasts and private rafters. Our site has information about California outfitters and also resources for rafting businesses. Our goal is to provide river information, stories, discussion, gear, flows, and other resources specifically for California whitewater rafting.
The Must-Do Rivers in California
1. The South Fork of the American: This is the most popular rafting trip in California because it has lots of Class III+ rapids, a long rafting season, and is relatively safe. Spring, Summer and Fall.
2. The North Fork of the American: Steep Class IV rapids in a tight gorge with crystal clear water. This is the premier class 4+ trip on the American River. This makes a great trip for those of you that want a technical challenge. Spring and early Summer.
3. The Middle Fork of the American The Middle Fork American is another popular river of the American River. Located just outside of Auburn, California, Middle Fork American features the legendary Class 4+ rapid called "Tunnel Chute." A perfect class 4 river for the paddling enthusiast! Duration from spring to fall.
4. The Tuolumne: This river is the cream of the crop with famous Class IV rapids and "Wild and Scenic" scenery. Located near Yosemite National Park, most of the river takes advantage of the great hikes and spectacular scenery by spending a night or two in the canyon. Spring and Summer.
5. The Cal Salmon: This California rafting trip is for those of you that are hooked. Near the California-Oregon border, this river is well worth the drive for the numerous Class IV rapids and three famous Class V rapids. You'll set up a base camp as you explore different sections of this river. Spring only.
6. Kings River is located south of central California. This is one of the few rivers in California in which you can experience a Class III river and big water in the spring.
7. Forks of the Kern: This three day trip has over 40 Class IV rapids and 3 big Class V's. Granite boulders, breathtaking vistas, and huge waterfalls make this a spectacular rafting trip. You'll have to hike two miles into the put-in and warm-up on some other class IV rivers first, though. Spring only.
California Rafting News
W.E.T. River Trips Photos Hey all! Just posted a bunch of photos and pics into our Facebook page here : http://facebook.com/wetrivertrips Check them and dream about the river... (Dec 4)
G. Green at Harlows G . Green post punk plays with Two Gallants at Harlows in Sacramento!And we were there!All pics belong to W.E.T. River TripsYah. (Dec 14)
Give, Ski and Dream of Rafting Bear Mountain Ski School Oh, yes, there is skiing in California. We just had real weather. The kind of weather that chills you to the bone. East coas... (Dec 9)
W.E.T. River Trips Photos Hey all! Just posted a bunch of photos and pics into our Facebook page here : http://facebook.com/wetrivertrips Check them and dream about the river.... (Dec 4)
The life of a traveling dishwasher?The Middle Fork Debate of the Century My name is Treesh and I have been working for ECHO since June of 2010. I am a River Guide by summer, and a Personal Chef by winter. Sounds romantic, d... (Dec 2)
WET 2014 Rafting Trips One of the long term goals for W.E.T. River Trips has been to introduce the beginner or novice towards whitewater rafting and the great outdoors. Do... (Nov 25)
WET Friday A little Hennessy to end a long week.It's Friday!Party time. (Nov 22)
Fall in WET Garden WET fall garden ... Let it rain! November 2013 Happy Fall from WET River Trips (California rafting trips) (Nov 22)
Is there a cooler Holiday gift then a River Trip? We are not sure, but a river trip is pretty cool! And it is a very unique gift for the adventurous, for those that like to take vacations, and for tho... (Nov 20)
WET River Trips Website for 2014 Back to the website... finally. Yes, everything on the internet has changed, much to our chagrin... but, we look forward to connecting to our communit... (Oct 29)
Trip Report from Turkey Our September trip to Turkey finished a few weeks ago, and the reports coming back are very enthusiastic. Because I had interacted with many of the pe... (Oct 25)
Headed to Bhutan! Next month we’ll be heading halfway around the world to explore the Rivers & Dzongs of Bhutan. This will be our third year of leading trips... (Sep 30)
2014 4th Annual Rogue River Farm to Fork Trip Join Farm to Fork and Momentum River Expeditions on what has become one of our most popular and beloved yearly events for our fourth annual 4-Day Farm... (Sep 30)
Rogue River Trail Running Trips Rogue River Trail Running Trips - Join Momentum River Expeditions and ultra runner Jenn Shelton on a 3-Day raft supported Trail Running Trip along Ore... (Sep 29)
ECHO and Bardenay on the Middle Fork of the Salmon Bardenay Distillery and ECHO will be partnering next summer for one incredible trip down the Middle Fork of the Salmon river. This will be our classic... (Sep 12)
To everyone who joined us in 2014 ? Thank You! This was our 10th year on the water and boy it was not boring! From a spring heat wave to fires on the Rogue it definitely kept us on our toes.... (Sep 9)
Disclaimer: River descriptions and classifications may change due to natural events that may create new hazards or flows. C-W-R advises that any paddler that uses this site be additionally informed by seeking out local news and updates for changes on this river.
Site Map | Contact | Advertising | California Whitewater Rafting
© 2013 C-W-R.com
PO Box 160024
Sacramento, CA 95816
Attn: California Whitewater Rafting