Whitewater Rafting in CaliforniaGoogle+
This site is intended as a resource for whitewater recreation in California. The information is designed to benefit rafting enthusiasts and private rafters. Our site has information about California outfitters and also resources for rafting businesses. Our goal is to provide river information, stories, discussion, gear, flows, and other resources specifically for California whitewater rafting.
The Must-Do Rivers in California
1. South Fork of the American: This is the most popular rafting trip in California because it has lots of Class III+ rapids, a long rafting season, and is relatively safe. Spring, Summer and Fall.
2. North Fork of the American: Steep Class IV rapids in a tight gorge with crystal clear water. This is the premier class 4+ trip on the American River. This makes a great trip for those of you that want a technical challenge. Spring and early Summer.
3. Middle Fork of the American: Middle Fork American is another popular river of the American River. Located just outside of Auburn, California, Middle Fork American features the legendary Class 4+ rapid called "Tunnel Chute." A perfect class 4 river for the paddling enthusiast! Duration from spring to fall.
4. Tuolumne: This river is the cream of the crop with famous Class IV rapids and "Wild and Scenic" scenery. Located near Yosemite National Park, most of the river takes advantage of the great hikes and spectacular scenery by spending a night or two in the canyon. Spring and Summer.
5. Cal Salmon: This California rafting trip is for those of you that are hooked. Near the California-Oregon border, this river is well worth the drive for the numerous Class IV rapids and three famous Class V rapids. You'll set up a base camp as you explore different sections of this river. Spring only.
6. Kings River is located south of central California. This is one of the few rivers in California in which you can experience a Class III river and big water in the spring.
7. Forks of the Kern: This three day trip has over 40 Class IV rapids and 3 big Class V's. Granite boulders, breathtaking vistas, and huge waterfalls make this a spectacular rafting trip. You'll have to hike two miles into the put-in and warm-up on some other class IV rivers first, though. Spring only.
California Rafting News
We Have a New Website! It is new season, we have tons of snow and water, the guides are getting revved up, AND we have a new website! We hope you like it. We hope it does a ... (Mar 25)
Portland Monthly named our Upper Klamath Safari Trip as one of ?Ten Once-in-a... Portland Monthly names our Upper Klamath Multi-Sport Rafting Safari trip as one of their “Ten Once-in-a-Lifetime Cascadian Journeys” R... (Mar 20)
Holy Snow and Water The last three weeks have brought A TON of snow and rain to our area ? we have not had a storm cycle like this in a few years! I wanted to write this ... (Dec 28)
A cooler Holiday gift then a River Trip? Give an experience not a thing and get someone outside! It?s a unique gift for the adventurous, for those that like to take vacations, and for those ... (Nov 25)
Upper Klamath Rafting and Multi-Sport Safari 2-day + UK Hat + 15% Off THIS + THIS + THIS + A LITTLE MORE OF THIS Our Upper Klamath Rafting and Multi-Sport Safari 2-day (or 3-day!) = big summer flows down rapids that are ... (Oct 26)
To everyone who joined us in 2015 ? Thank You! Every year around this time I sit down and go through all the photos, ?thank you?s?, and testimonials from the season. As I sort through the emails an... (Oct 6)
MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN RIVER ~ Final Schedule 2015 MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN SCHEDULE for 2015 Update September 4, 2015 W.E.T. Guests are the Best! SEPT: Labor Day weekend; sat, sun,... (Sep 4)
Middle Fork American River Trip Dates 2015 MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN UPDATE via CA State Parks Here are the rest of this season's Middle Fork American trip dates: UPDATES (see ... (Sep 4)
MIDDLE FORK AMERICAN RIVER - FERC Middle Fork American is a river near Auburn just northeast of Sacramento, California. One of the prettiest rivers in our whitewater arsenal, we expect... (Aug 11)
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 2015 Oh, California, you are still most beautiful. With skies so blue, we linger while sipping our coffee or tea and looking out our watery eyes on the qui... (May 20)
The Rogue and Upper Klamath Are River Oasis? Every Summer – The Rogue and Klamath Rivers will have great water this summer – As river runners and river lovers we are so lucky to live in Souther... (Mar 24)
The Lower Owyhee Kayak Expedition ? with wilderness dapper evening wear? The next 10 people to sign for one of our Lower Owyhee 6-day Kayak Expeditions get their own pair of fleece-hoody-footy-drop-seat pajamas (with duckie... (Feb 16)
Momentum ?American Wilderness Tee? Celebrate 50 Years of American Wilderness with us! The American Wilderness Act is one of the most unique laws in the world because of the siz... (Oct 6)
To everyone who joined us in 2014 ? Thank You! Every year around this time I sit down and go through all the photos, ?thank you?s?, and testimonials from the season. As I sort through the em... (Oct 6)
4th of July 2014 with W.E.T. River Trips Monday, before the 4th of July, is usually full of chaos at the office. All last minute plans go into effect as everyone tries desperately to make a h... (Jun 30)
Disclaimer: River descriptions and classifications may change due to natural events that may create new hazards or flows. C-W-R advises that any paddler that uses this site be additionally informed by seeking out local news and updates for changes on this river.
Site Map | Contact | Advertising | California Whitewater Rafting
© 2014 C-W-R.com
PO Box 160024
Sacramento, CA 95816
Attn: California Whitewater Rafting