Whitewater Rafting in California
This site is intended as a resource for whitewater recreation in California. The information is designed to benefit rafting enthusiasts and private rafters. Our site has information about California outfitters and also resources for rafting businesses. Our goal is to provide river information, stories, discussion, gear, flows, and other resources specifically for California whitewater rafting.
The Must-Do Rivers in California
1. The South Fork of the American: This is the most popular rafting trip in California because it has lots of Class III+ rapids, a long rafting season, and is relatively safe. Spring, Summer and Fall.
2. The North Fork of the American: Steep Class IV rapids in a tight gorge with crystal clear water. This is the premier class 4+ trip on the American River. This makes a great trip for those of you that want a technical challenge. Spring and early Summer.
3. The Middle Fork of the American The Middle Fork American is another popular river of the American River. Located just outside of Auburn, California, Middle Fork American features the legendary Class 4+ rapid called "Tunnel Chute." A perfect class 4 river for the paddling enthusiast! Duration from spring to fall.
4. The Tuolumne: This river is the cream of the crop with famous Class IV rapids and "Wild and Scenic" scenery. Located near Yosemite National Park, most of the river takes advantage of the great hikes and spectacular scenery by spending a night or two in the canyon. Spring and Summer.
5. The Cal Salmon: This California rafting trip is for those of you that are hooked. Near the California-Oregon border, this river is well worth the drive for the numerous Class IV rapids and three famous Class V rapids. You'll set up a base camp as you explore different sections of this river. Spring only.
6. Kings River is located south of central California. This is one of the few rivers in California in which you can experience a Class III river and big water in the spring.
7. Forks of the Kern: This three day trip has over 40 Class IV rapids and 3 big Class V's. Granite boulders, breathtaking vistas, and huge waterfalls make this a spectacular rafting trip. You'll have to hike two miles into the put-in and warm-up on some other class IV rivers first, though. Spring only.
California Rafting News
GUIDE SCHOOL for Whitewater Rafting 2014 in California may be a bit dry today, but, we will be running our Professional Guide School in March, April, May, and June. (Jan 13)
SPRING has SPRUNG! We got Whitewater, too! Come check it out! California spring! Daffodils and Redbuds! (Mar 11)
Spring Break, You'll Need It! It's time for spring break and all I want to do is sit on this couch and watch Hulu. Finals will be brutal and working and going to school is not much... (Mar 7)
Rain, Snow for California "Don't complain about this rain," the mother said as she chided her young son. Rain, snow in California Her son was stomping his feet in the small... (Feb 7)
We Got Whitewater! We got whitewater is our rallying cry! Rain and snow hit Northern California and soften the impending cries of "foul" towards Mother Nature. Yes, Mom ... (Jan 30)
RAIN This Week! The rain gods have heard us. The weather predictors are asking us to believe them when they say that rain is coming this week. Sigh... how many times ... (Jan 27)
2014 Flows on California Rivers I was reluctant to post anything about the news we received last Thursday. Thursday was the day that every California outfitter arrived with clipboard... (Jan 22)
Sunny with Clouds Early morning sky ~ mid-Jan California January 20, 2014 welcomes with another tortuous day of sunshine! Where is the rain and snow? Dry year but ... (Jan 20)
Drought : Critically Dry or Super Dry? California here we come... right back where we started from... That little ditty was running through my head when I received the email this morning f... (Jan 14)
GUIDE SCHOOL for Whitewater Rafting 2014 in California may be a bit dry today, but, we will be running our Professional Guide School in March, April, May, and June. Guide School continue... (Jan 13)
WET Friday A little Hennessy to end a long week. It's Friday! Party time. (Jan 3)
Happy New Year! Ranting... 2014... and here we go. The funny thing is the post. You know... snap a pic, post it. Maybe say a few words describing it or adding a link. You know. ... (Jan 3)
G. Green at Harlows G . Green post punk plays with Two Gallants at Harlows in Sacramento!And we were there!All pics belong to W.E.T. River TripsYah. (Dec 14)
Give, Ski and Dream of Rafting Bear Mountain Ski School Oh, yes, there is skiing in California. We just had real weather. The kind of weather that chills you to the bone. East coas... (Dec 9)
W.E.T. River Trips Photos Hey all! Just posted a bunch of photos and pics into our Facebook page here : http://facebook.com/wetrivertrips Check them and dream about the river.... (Dec 4)
WET 2014 Rafting Trips One of the long term goals for W.E.T. River Trips has been to introduce the beginner or novice towards whitewater rafting and the great outdoors. Do... (Nov 25)
Disclaimer: River descriptions and classifications may change due to natural events that may create new hazards or flows. C-W-R advises that any paddler that uses this site be additionally informed by seeking out local news and updates for changes on this river.
Site Map | Contact | Advertising | California Whitewater Rafting
© 2014 C-W-R.com
PO Box 160024
Sacramento, CA 95816
Attn: California Whitewater Rafting